Isabel Storey, Owner
ISABEL STOREY is a producer and writer whose company, Storey Productions, produces meaningful new works for theater, television and new media. She is also producer of SHINE, a popular storytelling series in Santa Monica.
Ms. Storey specializes in producing world premiere plays, credits including:
* Tree by Julie Hebert at [Inside] the Ford. Four LA Weekly, 3 LADCC, 1 Backstage Garland Award nominations.
* High Ceilings by Jillian Crane at the Hayworth Theatre;
* The Monkey Jar by Richard Martin Hirsch at Theatre 40 in Beverly Hills;
* Testosterone by Hal Ackerman at the Powerhouse Theatre in Santa Monica;
* War Stories, written and performed by Joyce Guy, at the Los Angeles Theatre Center and at St. Mark's Church in-the-Bowery in New York;
* Love Water by Jacqueline Wright, a co-production with Ensemble Studio-Theatre at the Open Fist Theatre.
* A Lesson in Proper Bow-Fluffing Technique, written and performed by Trey Nichols, at Praxis Studios in Hollywood.
Bow-Fluffing was nominated for the Ovation Award for Best Solo Performance.
Ms. Storey is past Producing Director and Managing Director of Ensemble Studio Theatre-LA and co-produced EST-LA’s world premiere of The Shore by Alison Tatlock.
Vice Chair of the Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights for nine years, she founded and ran New Works Lab, ALAP's play development workshop held bi-monthly at theatres throughout Los Angeles.
In television, Ms. Storey has written and produced for CBS, ABC, Lifetime and KCET. While a newswriter at CBS, she received the Writers Guild of America Award.
Currently, Storey Productions is developing a stage musical based on the true story of Jeri Estes, a gay runaway in San Francisco in the 1960s.